Monday, 29 June 2015

An Oxford Street Haul: Lush, The Body Shop and Topshop

In addition to visiting the beautiful Hyde Park (read about that here), I was also lucky enough to visit Oxford Street, aka one of my favourite places on earth! Despite living within a few hours of London my entire life, I'm such a tourist and honestly can't get enough of it.

One of the things that I love most about Oxford Street is that everything is just bigger! A bigger Topshop, a bigger Body Shop and most importantly a much bigger Lush! As I'm on my summer student budget I did try and restrain myself slightly on the spending front (I even only visited the top floor of Topshop!), although I, somewhat predictably, didn't totally succeed. I don't think my trip to London coinciding with my monthly pay day really helped me there!
I first visited The Body Shop and picked up two amazing products after realising that The Body Shop have a 35% discount at the moment.. What are you waiting for vouchercloud users! I've read some really positive reviews of this gorgeous Baked-To-Last blusher so can't wait to try it out, particularly as I don't normally wear blusher so it will be interesting to see if it becomes a regular part of my makeup 'regime.' If you can can call using 3-4 products a regime!! I'm also really excited to try out this grapefruit scented body sorbet. I think the sorbet is such an interesting concept and I can't wait to see if it lives up to its wonderful scent. I originally chose the virgin mojito body sorbet but swapped to grapefruit as the mojito one sadly wasn't included in the discount. Obviously I can't fully recommend the product but the smell of the mojito flavour is gorgeous and I can't wait to try it at some point.
Becoming a bit of a sale hunter in Topshop I picked up this pretty necklace for only £5. Its a bit bigger than the necklaces I go for normally, but I adore the colour of it and it will go really well with a plain white top. I'm hoping this nail polish will go really nicely over the top of one of the colours I already own, as from sampling it in the shop it might be too thin to apply on its own. Although, to be honest I'm really just a sucker for anything sparkly, girly or glittery!
I then entered the heaven on earth that is Oxford Street Lush and was enchanted by their amazing store! With bath bomb demonstrations creating delicate, colourful swirls in giant sinks, a huge selection of products I've never seen before, a spa section featuring a crazy amount of massage bars to try out and an entire floor devoted to bath bombs alone. I will admit I got slightly carried away when I saw how many bath bombs they had and I am beyond excited to try them all out! I tend to choose Lush products based on their smell rather than descriptions of their ingredients or how pretty they look, so here are the bath bombs that I thought had the greatest scents!
1, Guardian of the Forest. This enchanting Oxford Street exclusive contains rosewood from the Peruvian rainforest and is supposed to transform your bath into a mystical forest lagoon. 
2. Double Vitality. This bright pink sparkly star contains a refreshing mix of lemon and peppermint. 
3. Twilight. I am SO excited to try this as it smells completely gorgeous! This soothing lavender bath ballistic is supposed to be amazing before bed.
4. Honey Bee. This sweet smelling bath bomb aims to cleanse and soothe your skin with a mixture of honey, aloe vera and rhassould mud. 
5. Avobath. Given how much I love avocado I just had to try this! With lemongrass, bergamot oils and avocado, this bomb aims to make dry skin dazzle.
6. Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment. This bath oil is the closest product to the scent of snow fairy I've found, containing a soothing powder from the roots of the marshmallow herb which apparently is a real thing!
7. Bubblegum Lip Scrub. This exfoliating lip scrub is so cute and smells just like candy floss.
8. Big Blue. Looking and smelling like a summery seaside, this contains arame seaweed, lemon oil and lavender. 

What do you think of the products I chose? I'm thinking of doing some reviews of these beauty products in the future, so please let me know in the comments if you would (or wouldn't!) be interested in reading those! Also, if you're not already, feel free to follow my instagram here for way too many pictures of food, smoothies and shopping!

Thank you so much for reading, Georgia xxx
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14084943/?claim=vs5e495tr3f">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love lush products, they always smell so nice and are also really affordable!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, they're so good! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  3. WOW! You got some amazing stuff! I haven't tried any of these but I want to now! They look so amazing and colourful. Great post and haul x

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so excited to try out all the bath bombs! :) Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  4. Some really great picks here!

    Lauren x | http://laurenselwood.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you really had an amazing time! I went to Oxford St last summer, and it was so hectic (sale season?)! I didn't see the Lush store though :(

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't as hectic as I was expecting, maybe because its not the school holidays! I had to use google maps on my phone to find it! Its right at the end, but was so worth the walk :) Hope you get to go there soon xx

      Delete
  6. I love Oxford Street! I'm from Edinburgh but any time I visit London, I always make sure to go shopping there. The necklace you got is really cute and such a bargain X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Thank you, can't wait to wear it :) xx

      Delete
  7. Take me to London, ah! That bath demo at Lush looks incredibly whimsical, love it! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cool! They had about 10 sinks all with different bath bomb demonstrations :D xx

      Delete
  8. Great post! You got some great products. I love Lush!

    Cait x
    beyondthebeautybag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great, colourful, full of scents – all making a great pampering!
    Alina from The Fairytale Pretty Picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so colourful, I can't wait to try them all out! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  10. Wow, this is one heck of a colourful post! I'm just the same with London, I only live a couple of hours North but I absolutely love visiting it at every opportunity
    I have the Body Sorbet in the Strawberry scent and it's absolutely brilliant, the concept, the scent, its actual performance as a body butter - great product :)

    Paris | http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I visit London I just want to go more! I nearly went for the strawberry one, I used the sorbet this morning and completely agree, its such a great product :) Thanks for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete
  11. That bubblegum lip scrub is amazing isn't it? And the best part is it's safe to "eat" so you can lick your lips after using it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, it tastes just like candy floss! Haha, definitely the best part!! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  12. What an amazing haul! Oxford street is the BEST place to shop! p.s love your blog design :)
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, these look simply amazing! I need to try some of their new ones out.. They are almost too adorable to use! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig