Monday, 8 June 2015

Healthy Chocolate Milkshake

I have always loved chocolate in any form, but with summer coming up I'm attempting (and not always succeeding) to eat more healthily. This sadly means that the days of Ben and Jerries with crushed maltesers are supposedly behind me.. But thankfully I've replaced them with a huge variety of colourful fruit smoothies and yummy frozen yoghurt. This smoothie is ridiculously simple to make and very student budget friendly, but I generally find that if you're missing one or two ingredients just throwing in whatever happens to be in your kitchen rarely goes really wrong (although obviously try and stick to fruit and vegetables, as substituting the blueberries for leftover pizza might not turn out so well!)


Ingredients:
  • 1 banana
  • 2-3 dates
  • 200ml of KoKo coconut milk (or any kind you prefer!) 
  • 2 tea spoons of Cocao powder
  • A sprinkle of blueberries
  • A handful of spinach leaves (optional but so good for you)
  • A sprinkling of cashew nuts (although ideally cashew or almond butter would be best!)
  • A pinch of nutmeg (Cinnamon would also work well)
I use the Breville blend active blender which is super easy to use, fairly affordable and makes your smoothies ready to go in a bottle, massively saving on the washing up! I also use Bioglan Superfoods cacao powder which is essentially a plant based, unprocessed, healthy alternative to cocoa, but if you don't have any cocao powder cocoa would still work (although I definitely recommend Cocao powder if you're want a really healthy smoothie!).

Like with most smoothies you essentially just chuck all together, press blend and you're set! This is one of my favourite smoothies as its so rich and chocolatey but still full of great, nutritious ingredients! 
Thanks for reading, and let me know if you tried the recipe or have any amazing smoothies you like to make! Georgia xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Omg this looks sooo good!!! :o when summer arrives, I start obsessing over smoothies and milkshakes so this post came in perfect timing hehehe ;)

    Definitely going to try it out!

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I bought my blender in April and I am a bit obsessed with it haha :) Its really yum although I always put in too much cocao powder so it ends up being ridiculously chocolatey :D xx

      Delete
  2. looks healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your recipe, this sounds great!!
    I didn't think chocolate and healthy could be in the same sentence :P

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha if I didn't know what ingredients were in it I honestly wouldn't believe it was healthy! xx

      Delete
  4. i make a similar version of this but you added a few things i hadn't thought of, might have to try it :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool :) I've found the blueberries and spinach actually go really well! Personally I wouldn't put cashews in again though (mainly due to my blender not totally blending them!) :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig