Thursday, 25 June 2015

Hyde Park in the Sunshine


Those who have read my previous blog posts may remember me mentioning that I'm doing a voluntary work placement in Sri Lanka in July. In preparation for this I visited the Sri Lankan embassy in London (how exciting!). As I live about an hours train ride from London I decided to go with a friend and make a day of it, and was delighted to discover that the embassy is right opposite the beautiful Hyde Park. Given how rainy and miserable England is for most of the year I was so happy to find that the current sunny streak is still going strong! Although I am now very sun burnt, so learn from my mistakes, use suntan lotion and don't get so burnt that the lovely sales assistants in Lush spend at least 5 minutes fussing over the state of your tomato red shoulders and recommending the use of camomile!

Having only been to Hyde Park for the frosty but incredible Winter Wonderland in December I was amazed by how scenic and pretty the park was. With beautiful fountains, adorable wildlife, winding mysterious paths and enchanting flowers, it's such a chilled and fun place to hang out for an afternoon. Honestly, I couldn't believe I was in central London and a stones throw from the hustle of Oxford Street, it was almost like a different world completely detached from the fast pace, busy London atmosphere. If you're ever shopping in London and feel like having a break from the busyness then I can't recommend Hyde Park enough, especially if the suns shining!
Thanks so much for reading! Georgia xxx

SHARE:

28 comments

  1. Gorgeous photos! Can't wait to visit London some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! London's amazing, you should definitely visit if you get the chance :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hyde Park is simply adorable and these photos are perfect! A bloggers dream!
    Lovely Post! xxx

    vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! Love Hyde Park :) xx

      Delete
  3. Take me back to London ah! It's amazing to walk through the park when the weather is sunny. Your ice cream looks super delicious hehe, lovely post! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love London! It was honestly one of the best ice creams I've had, mint chocolate chip ftw haha :) Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful pictures! :) I love Hyde park (especially feeding the squirrels lol)
    Hope you feel better from the sunburn (try putting some aloe Vera on it, I wrote a post on this if you're interested) :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww I love squirrels too, they're so cute :) My aftersun has aloe vera so hopefully it'll help, I've definitely learnt my lesson about not wearing suntan lotion though! xx

      Delete
  5. Ah this reminds me of when I stayed in London for a few days, my hotel was really close to Hyde Park! This makes me want to go back so badly :)
    Great photos!!
    http://lilytalkss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hyde Park is amazing :) xx

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing<3 thanks for sharing
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, its so pretty =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh ! It must of been wonderful being there in person because I'm completely in awe just seeing the photos :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a nice day! Its also right next to Oxford Street so was doubly great :) Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  9. nice post :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful photographs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. heeey! hope you have a great day! do you want to follow each other via bloglovin? if yes, just follow me there and i'll follow you back soon! http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Such a beautiful lovely park! And ice cream looks so yummy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so lovely! And the ice cream was amazing :) Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty park! Ive been to London a few times and never been here, I'm going again in a few weeks so will definitely have to have a look :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so pretty! You definitely should if you're near there :) Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig