Monday, 15 June 2015

Topshop and New Look Haul

Having just finished second year I've returned to my home town for the summer, and amazingly my home town has a HUGE Topshop! So after finishing work me and one of my best home friends decided to go for shopping and drinks. As usual I not only spent too much money myself, but was also a bad influence on my friend's spending! Considering we only visited 2 shops (why do the shops close at 7 when I finish work at 5?!) its crazy just how much I managed to buy!
I first saw this bag last September and despite desperately wanting it, didn't buy it because of it's quite hefty price tag (£65 is a bit steep for my student budget!). But receiving quite a few Topshop cards for my birthday along with using my student discount to justify my "investment saving" meant that I very quickly and suddenly decided that I had to have the bag, and I am so happy I bought it! It's great quality and the perfect size for me this summer. I also think its grungy but pretty appearance means it makes a great addition to any outfit - whether that's adding to a leather jacket and boots look, or giving a bit of edge to a cute and summery outfit.
High waisted skirts are pretty much my permanent wardrobe staple as they suit my shape so well, so I couldn't resist this cute peachy coloured one! Its quite cute and girly so will fit well into my standard look of mixing up cute pastels and grungy blacks and greys! I also got this monochrome swimming costume which is possibly the most flattering costume I've ever bought. If, like me, you're afraid of bikinis you should check out Topshop's range as they have lots of pretty costumes at the moment.
I then visited the slightly more affordable New Look and found some great pieces that are slightly different to my usual look. I bought these white jeans on an impulse and am so glad I did, as they're so comfy to wear and really simple to create different outfits around! These patterned trousers are very different to what I'd normally wear but I'm doing a work placement in Sri Lanka this summer and need lightweight, smart and loose clothes to wear so these seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

So midway through writing this post I decided why not just throw in everything I've bought from Topshop in the last month or so, so here are some lovely items I bought earlier (If you grew up in 00s Britain you might get why this feels a bit like I've suddenly started presenting Blue Peter!).
This skirt is lovely for summer nights where you want to look a bit dressier, although it is very short.. This necklace is up there with the bag as one my current favourites to add to any outfit! I just love the colour and design of it, and its so versatile.
What do you think of these buys? Would you like to see more outfit related posts? And I've love to know what your current favourite Topshop item is!

Thanks for reading! xxx
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. That bathing suit and bag are so cute.

    thefastforwardlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the bathing suit! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the patterned trousers! They're also different to what I'd normally go for, but I bet they look amazing on!

    Laura x
    aviewfrom-thebalcony.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'm such a skirts and skinny jeans kinda girl that I wouldn't have normally bought them but they actually fit really nicely and they're also so comfy! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the swimming costume! It's great that the bag you saw in September was still in stock, too many times I haven't been able to justify buying a new bag then when I finally do it's out of stock! I'm sure you'll get loads of use out of it!
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Its such a flattering, cute costume! Its really lucky, I've seen it a few times since September and each time I wanted to buy it more! That's so annoying, I seem to give in and buy things that are too expensive only to find them in the sale a few weeks later! Thanks for reading lovely :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love your girly style! The swimsuit is especially adorable! Awesome purchases, and a wonderful post! xxxxx
    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Thats so sweet :) xx

      Delete
  5. That bathing suit is adorable!! I love it :)
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some really amazing stuff!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the swimming costume so much! <3 great buys!
    Chloe xx
    http://chloebee1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, and I'm quite picky with swimming costumes haha :) Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  8. I love love LOVE all your picks! The color blocked swim suit is too cute, and I love all the lace going on! Lovely post, Georgia! <3

    May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing post dear!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the patterned trousers, the lace skirts are so pretty and that swimsuit is gorgeous! Great haul :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with your dress sense and style! xx
    www.charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig