Thursday, 20 August 2015

6 Books To Read This Summer

For those of us lucky enough to still have crazily long student summer breaks, this time of year is an amazing chance to catch up on some great stories. Here are my reading picks for the summer!

Raw Blue. Set in the outskirts of Sydney, this emotional book explores why a twenty-something surfer appears to have completely cut herself off from the world. I loved this book because its so unique and is also set in a completely different part of the world to most books I read. I was also completely drawn in by the main character and her story and found myself really hoping she'd get a happy ending. 
I Let You Go. A psychological thriller exploring the difficulties of starting new when a tragic accident turns your life upside down. I read this in maybe 2 or 3 sittings and despite a slow start was completely hooked by the twists and turns of this story! I didn't see any of the (multiple) twists coming, so if you've read this book please let me know what you thought and whether you, like me, were completely taken by surprise by the main twist.
Where She Went. Set in the magic of New York City 2 people are brought back together and have to finally face what tore them apart. So I, perhaps ridiculously, didn't realise this was a sequel to 'If I Stay' until halfway through reading! However I still really enjoyed reading this as a stand alone book as the story was so strong and addictive it didn't matter that I didn't know the characters backgrounds. Honestly I think trying to figure out why they were acting the way they were acting actually made me enjoy the story even more than had I know their history. 
Paper Towns. When the girl he's in love with disappears Quentin is left with a tantalising trail of breadcrumbs and burning desire to find her. I'm a massive fan of John Green's writing style so couldn't wait to read this book! I'm currently halfway through and am getting more and more intrigued by where the stories going to go.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower. The book I'm constantly being told I should read! Set in the 90s this book documents a boys senior year as he faces growing up and finding out who he really is. 
The Bone Clocks. The consequences of a teenage runaways impulsive decision unfold over 6 decades. I'm really excited to read this as I love books that span out over a characters lifespan and also love the 60s, where part of this story is set.

What do you think of these books? And let me know what books you're reading this summer!
Georgia xxx
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I am yet to read Paper Towns and Perks of Being a Wallflower. I heard they are amazing! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Paper Towns but haven't started Perks of Being a Wallflower yet either! Thanks for reading lovely :) xx

      Delete
  2. The first two books along with the last one I definitely want to read, they all sound right up my street!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first 2 are probably my favourites, especially Raw Blue! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  3. I loved the perks of being a wallflower and paper towns! If you like them, you may like Eleanor and Park. I don't know if you've read that before? I definitely need to check out the bone clocks, I'm running out of books to read haha

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give that a try, just googled it and the plot sounds really good! Thanks for the recommendation, always need more books to read! xx

      Delete
  4. I love to read too! Considering I have already rad 3 of the books on your recommendations, I will definitely check out the others. Thanks!

    http://www.fashionablyshort.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like them if you do! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  5. Omg I'm dying to read Where She Went now, knowing it's a sequel to If I Stay!

    Tee, xx

    http://www.thedalmatinka.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig