Monday, 24 August 2015

Daisy Dream and a Benefit Haul

Lets face it, very few people have the willpower necessary to spend 20 minutes trying the samples at the benefit counter and not buy anything. And given my inability to ever leave a Boots store without buying at least one piece of probably not needed make up I evidently do not have the willpower needed! But despite once again spending too much money I'm actually seriously impressed by the Benefit items I bought so thought I'd do a few mini reviews on them as well as dropping in just how much I'm adoring the new perfume I also bought. If there was ever a time for the "I've bought too much" hiding monkey emoticon this would be it!
Dream by Marc Jacobs (X). I'll admit the prettiness of the bottle probably did influence this purchase, look how gorgeous the gold and white flowers are! But I also really love the scent, which is a beautiful mix of jasmine, grapefruit, coconut water, white woods and blue wisteria among other gorgeous ingredients. The result is a floral but fruity scent which instantly feels summery, light and subtle, and for me is the perfect mix.
Gimme Brow in light/medium (X). This is possibly the first make up product in a while I've been completely blown away by, and definitely the first eye brow product ever! My eye brows have always been barely visible very light blonde meaning that its quite difficult to find a shade light enough, but the light medium Gimme Brow is just such a nice shade and really compliments my messy dirty-ish blonde locks. The brush on fibre gel mimics hair instantly making brows look fuller and thicker, and is just so quick and easy it is to apply. The lovely Benefit assistant literally applied it perfectly on me in about 30 seconds, although she is of course an expert! I'm sadly not quite up to her standard yet but I've definitely found it a lot easier to apply than an eyebrow pencil, and like everything the more you practice the better you get!
Fake Up hydrating concealer (X). Both the packaging and contents of this product are so unique, and as an essentially 2-for-1 product it also contains shell of hydrating balm promising to smooth and brighten skin. Like Gimme Brow this concealer is so easy to apply, just drawing it on and blending it in with your finger as the gel like formula quickly sinks into skin. Its also not too heavy to wear considering it pretty successfully hides dark under eye circles and is surprisingly long lasting. Honestly, whilst I really like this concealer and would consider repurchasing it, I actually haven't found it drastically better than Rimmel's wake me up concealer despite its £18.50 price tag. Although the packaging, ease of use and uniqueness of the product is a major selling point! 
Roller Lash mascara (X). Again, (this seems to be a running theme in my beauty purchases!) I was initially swayed by how beautiful the packaging for this was, but I was also intrigued by the promise of super curls! Unlike some mascara's I've used Roller Lash is so easy to apply, thanks mainly to its , long but fairly small wand which effortlessly uses tiny hooks to grip, curl and lengthen lashes. As somebody who is too lazy to use an eyelash curler about 95% of the time that this mascara effectively cuts out the need to pre-curl lashes is amazing! It also stays in place perfectly throughout the day so you're unlikely to be rocking the panda eye look! 
Whats your favourite Benefit product? 
Love, Georgia xxx
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I recently tried roller lash for the first time and am loving it! I also adore the scent of daisy dream (and the packaging of course!)

    Laura xx
    www.aviewfromthebalcony.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving roller lash too! Its such a nice scent :) Thanks for reading!! xx

      Delete
  2. Love the pic! I totally agree, Benefit Gimme Brow is a sensational product - I've repurchased it ever since it came out! Daisy Dreams looks and sounds amazing!

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs
    www.lifestyleandlaffs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so good! Daisy Dream is lovely :) Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous spread! I was really impressed with gimme brow. It lasts a long time, despite that tiny tube!

    xx,
    Sarah
    www.fashioncatapult.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sales assistant said it was long lasting but its great to hear it is from another blogger! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Roller Lash! Porefessional is my absolute favourite by Benefit though.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give that a try! Thanks for reading lovely :) xx

      Delete
  5. I need to try Roller Lash, it sounds amazing :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so good! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh the Gimme Brow sounds brilliant! I'm always too scared to use a tinted brow gel but this sounds really natural!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Gimme Brow, it takes a while to get the hang of making it look nice and natural but its so quick to use! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Its gorgeous! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely purchases! I love Gimme Brow & I've actually just re-purchased it today along with Rollerlash. I had the mini sized version when it came out and loved it so given the full size a try now x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rolllerlash is amazing! Thnaks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  9. I really want to try Gimme Brow! I walked past a Benefit counter the other week and the only reason I didn't buy anything was because nobody was there haha! I'm pretty sure my bank account was thankful ;)

    Just Little Things xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Gimme Brow! My bank balance would definitely be much happier if there'd been nobody there haha, thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  10. I'd love to try Gimmie Brow! I've been using their Browzings kit which is amazing but some days my brows don't turn out as well as others haha. Really like Roller Lash, I was devastated when my sample ran out

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found Gimme Brow so easy to use, but mine still turn out way better on some days! THanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  11. i have roller lash but i've been skeptical about it, i think i just need to give it another chance!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, but I think sometimes people just prefer different mascaras! Let me know how you find it if you do try it again :) Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  12. You picked up some lovely products, I really want to try fake up from Benefit as well as the Gimme Brow. I looove the hoola bronzer, watts up highlighter and the benefit creaseless cream eyeshadow in RSVP. I'm also a big lover of the Daisy scent. Lovely post xxx

    Love Charlotte xxx
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the hoola bronzer, read so many good reviews of it! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  13. I'm desperate for the Marc Jacobs perfume! Will definitely be buying it now! :)

    Sam

    beautymagnet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig