Thursday, 19 November 2015

5 Underrated Netflix Gems

Like nearly everyone else I was beyond excited to discover all 5 seasons of Pretty Little Liars, the entirety of Gossip Girl, Orange is the New Black and some of the Hunger Games films on Netflix, but there are also some lesser known gems to be found. Here are 5 I'd recommend you check out next time it's raining, you have loads of work to do and the essays just not going to happen!
Reign. This is my current obsession! This popped up as a recommendation for Pretty Little Liars and I somehow ended up watching like half the first season in a week, which wouldn't be that bad if I didn't have a crazy amount of essays and dissertation planning to do at the moment! Set in the time where Mary Queen of Scots was attempting to rule France, this show has the perfect mix of romance, history and drama. It also has some killer wardrobe choices and serious dress envy!
Between. I stumbled across this in the recommendation after I watched Skins, and to be honest I'm still not completely sure what to make of it! The basic premise is that an American town is left quarantined, isolated and cut off from the world when a mysterious disease kills everyone aged over 22. This is quite a dark take on the current dystopian craze and, in my opinion, it probably could have done with a few more happy or uplifting moments thrown in. But having said that I watched all 6 episodes in 2 days so it must be doing something right!
Orphan Black. With some sci-fi, a bit of drama and a lot of funny moments thrown in this show is so different to anything else I watch, which is what makes it so good! When a con-artist witnesses her doppelganger commit suicide and decides to take over her life she ends up in deeper than she originally expected as her many clones begin to emerge. The acting is seriously good, and be sure to keep an eye out for the hilarious, slightly crazy soccer-mum clone Alison!
Mulan. Does this one even need an explanation?! One of the all time greatest Disney films this is definitely a go to for when you've had a long day and want to watch something fun and uplifting! And if you actually decide you do want to do that essay you could always just watch the "lets get down to business" part as a bit of pre-all nighter inspiration!
Whip It. This fun film will likely make you want to move to America, start playing roller derby and go to lots of house parties! As someone who's always lived in the same part of England I love films that show a completely different way of life, and this South America based comedy drama definitely does this! Starring Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore it has tons of uplifting and hilarious moments chucked un. 

What's your current Netflix favourite? Let me know in the comments!
Georgia xxxx
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. I freaking love Mulan, didn't know it was on Netflix and I have the DVD anyway but it might get a watch :) just finished Scream and I really enjoyed it and I've started How to Get away with Murder and I'm liking it too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I keep meaning to watch How to Get Away With Murder :) xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Orange is the new black but I'd never heard of any of your under rated suggestions but I really can't wait to try a few ... oh apart from mulan, I'm already obsessed with mulan hehe :)

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OITNB is so good! :) Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  3. I've finally found someone who loves Reign too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My current love is Reign and Once upon a time =] Love Orphan Black

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone is talking about Reign! I really need to get into it.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so good! You should try it if you've got the time :) xx

      Delete
  6. Orphan black is so under rated, and the actress is so crazily talents to pull off all the roles i looooove the crazy russian twin haha. I'd highly recommend Fringe & Chuck on Netflix both really fab programmes :)
    Charlotte x
    icharlotteemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, love that one too! Will have to try them :) xx

      Delete
  7. I am still yet to watch Reign! Heard quite a lit of nice things about it :)


    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not heard of any of these!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you try any! :) xx

      Delete
  9. I guess I haven't watched any of these, maybe one or two episode of Reign. I stick to ones that I've been watching for year, I just can't make time for new series :) I still have some episodes of the Vampire Diaries which I haven't had a time to watch :) x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it can be really hard to find time when everythings so busy! :) xx

      Delete
  10. I'm always up for a new Netflix show! Thanks for the recommendations :)

    Rachel / goldandmarble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries :) Let me know what you think if you try one! xx

      Delete
  11. i've heard Orphan Black is good, it's on my list to watch! x

    Tamz || http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Orphan Black! :) Hope you like it if you get round to watching it xx

      Delete
  12. I never really got into Orphan black even though i got through the first series. Might give it another go. My current netflix obsession is Gotham! I've already watched it through three times, its just great! Think i will give Reign a go next, looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Orphan Black! Ooh Gotham looks so good, will have to try it at some point :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig