Tuesday, 22 December 2015

A Trip to London: Covent Garden and The Theatre

London is a pretty magical city all year round, but at Christmas its like everything gets amped up, with sparkly lights, Christmas trees everywhere and so many exciting Christmas additions! Despite only living an hours train ride outside of London, whenever I visit I turn into a massive, massive tourist and am nearly always the one taking an excessive amount of photos on my way-too-big camera and stopping in the middle of a crowded street to look at the lights! I do manage to stand on the right side of the escalators though, so maybe I'm not that bad! Now that I've broken up for the Christmas holidays my university friends have suddenly scattered all over the country so London has become a bit of an in-the-middle meeting point, resulting in my best friend from Essex and I having as many London days out as we can!

After visiting the amazing Winter Wonderland last year, this time we decided to head to Covent Garden and Natural History Museum and just figure our day out from there. I'll be honest, the main draw of starting with the Natural History Museum was that not only does it have dinosaurs, gorgeous architecture and ice-skating but its also completely free! Having been very reluctantly dragged to see the Jurassic World film a few months ago, I surprised myself by absolutely loving it, so was quite excited to see the Dinosaur section of the museum. Covent Garden is such an exciting and lively part of London with street performers, Christmas markets and beautiful decorations. I found it so perfect for last minute Christmas shopping, with so many varied Christmas stalls and artsy shops full of creative finds.
While in Covent Garden we stumbled across a theatre box office and decided to see if there were any cheap last minute tickets. We were in luck and got 2 half price tickets to the Bend It Like Beckham musical in the west end. As a massive fan of the film I was intrigued to see how it would translate on stage, and I definitely wasn't left disappointed! With beautiful staging, amazing songs and so many laugh out loud moments it was such a fun, feel good show, which anyone who's a fan of lively, exciting musicals should consider seeing! Set in West London, the show follows the Jess, a young woman who's dream of playing professional football clashes with her families very different expectations of her. My favourite parts involved the hilarious Pinky (Jess's sister) getting married and Jess's best friend Jules experiencing endless misunderstandings with her slightly crazy mum. Although full of upbeat, entertaining musical numbers, it also had some really moving moments, and the central message of following what your passion remained the same as the film!
I'd love to know what your favourite place to visit in London is, or if there are any other cities you'd recommend giving a visit?!
Thanks so much for reading, Georgia xxxx

SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I have never been to London, but I feel like it's a perfect place to visit during Christmas time. I would really recommend visiting Germany cities during this time too as they are very festive and have so many fun activities and Christmas markets to visit :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to visit Germany at this time of year :) Especially Berlin as the Christmas markets look incredible! xx

      Delete
  2. London always looks so amazing at Christmas time! Two of my friends moved away, one to Devon and one to Kent so we always meet in London as we know it's going to have fun stuff to do! I really want to revisit the museums in London, especially the free ones haha!
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas!

    Sian xx Cakey Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, its so festive and exciting! Hope you had a lovely Christmas too :) xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a lovely day out! I'd love to see Bend It like Beckham! Have a great Christmas! Xx

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good show! Hope you had a good Christmas lovely :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love London at Christmas! Everything is so pretty x

    Tamz || http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  5. Absolutely Gorgeous pictures, I've never been to London at Christmas #2016goals

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd definitely recommend going if you get the chance :) xx

      Delete
  6. When I went to see Bend it like Beckham I didn't think it will be that good but I was wrong. It is really fun and engaging show. I loved the numbers and I also got to see the backstage and a few actors. Have you stumbled upon a street that is literally guitar shop street. It had so many music shops one after another?

    Izabele xx | http://beatriceizabele.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, ended up completely loving it! The lighting in the show was incredible :) No, that sounds amazing! Will have to keep an eye out next time I'm in the west end :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig