Wednesday, 9 December 2015

The Winter Makeup Edit

As a big fan of the natural make up look for day-to-day, mainly because I can't be bothered to get up an extra 10 minutes earlier and do my make up nicely only to sit in the library or a lectures! But after wearing a bit lot more make up on a recent night out I was shocked by just how many new products I've tried recently.. sorry student loan! So here's a mixture of the products I use everyday to some that I'll drop in for a special occasion. 
Everyday
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (X). Of all of these, this is the one that I wear literally everyday! Considering its massively affordable price I think this is one of the best concealers out there, which is probably why its been absolutely everywhere all year! Its not too heavy or cakey on, but still covers spots and undereye circles fairly well.
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream (X). I really like this CC cream, its light enough to wear as an everyday base, but is so great at evening out redness and hiding spots and never looks too obvious or thick. However, for me, this is definitely one of those products that I don't find entirely necessary for everyday use, more if I'm going out or having a really bad skin day. Although I do love it when I actually apply it, so if you're looking for a light, good quality colour correcting cream I would definitely recommend this one.
Real Techniques Brushes. These are definitely some of the best brushes I've tried, they're really good quality but also very affordable. The blush brush (X) is big, soft and fluffy, with a really smooth finish. I'm one of those girls who would always apply concealer with my fingers, but honestly not that I've tried it with the Expert Face Brush (X) I wouldn't go back! So quick and easy to use and gives a flawless finish. These are both cruelty free as well!
Maybelline Primer (X). This is a really, really new addition to my make up routine, so I'm not entirely sure whether it'll manage to find a place in my everyday make up or not. Promising to erase pores and leave skin smoother and softer, I actually really like this so far! My skin feels SO much smoother after application and as I have quite dry skin the consistency of it works really. While I can definitely feel that its smoother I'm not totally convinced you can actually see this difference, although I haven't really been using it long enough to give a proper recommendation!
Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer (X). This is 100% my bronzer of choice at the moment! It gives such a nice natural glow and is never too obvious. It contains two shades so is so easy to adjust to the look you're going for, whether that's just a natural sweeping of bronze or some more adventurous contouring. I've also been using this practically everyday for the past 5 months or so and am yet to hit the pan which is amazing!
The Body Shop Half Baked Blusher (X). This blusher looks so pretty and natural on, and has subtly become my trustworthy everyday blusher! The addition of the highlighter also gives such a good mix, and is so subtle but sweet.
Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara (X). Hands down the best mascara I've ever tried! This is the one product I'd hate to leave the house without applying. In addition to its stunning packaging, it uses tiny hooks to effortlessly grip, curl and lengthen lashes while also coating lashes really evenly. 
Burt Bees Mango Lip Balm (X). As someone who buys a ridiculous amount of lip balms (Seriously, I must have around 50 lying around) I can honestly recommend this as one of the best I've tried. With both a lovely fruity scent and soothing mango butter which promises to smooth and protect lips this balm really ticks all the boxes. Its also 100% natural and in my experience fairly long lasting. 
Benefit Gimme Brow (X).This is one of those products that I know I should really use everyday as its pretty easy to use and makes a big difference to how my make up looks, but in reality I just never do! I'm not entirely sure why, but I find doing my eyebrows quite stressful and I never really feel like I know what I'm doing! If anyone else can relate to this, or has any eyebrow advice, please please comment below! Despite this, I will use this product on a night out or if I'm feeling daring so have included it on this list. It also looked fab when the Benefit make up artist used it on me, so clearly it can have a great effect, I just haven't quite mastered it!
Some Christmas Party Additions
Topshop Chameleon Glow Gold Eye shadow (X). I'm a big fan of Topshop make up as I find it affordable, cute and pretty high quality. Although I will admit some of their products (like their lip bullet) were't quite for me, I love this eye-shadow. Its really pretty and festive and subtly brightens up any make up look.
A Sparkly Nail Varnish. I feel like a Christmas party look is never complete without a few sparkles, or a lot in the case of some of my skirts and dresses! And what better way to add some subtle glitter than in your nail varnish! Barry M have lots of lovely sparkly varnishes at the moment, but for me its all about Topshop's range! I picked up the lovely glittery gold one above, which is such a pretty colour and takes only one coat to look awesome. If you're not quite that into sparkly things then you could always try putting a sparkly polish over your 4th nail only for a more subtle look.

What your current favourite beauty product? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading, Georgia xxxx



SHARE:

28 comments

  1. I love the Baby Skin Primer and the Roller Lash mascara! Love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkly nails are a must for me this time of year too! Great post :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Pretty much sparkly anything :) Thanks! xx

      Delete
  3. I need to get my hands on some RT brushes ASAP. Loving that you included Christmassy items, too!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. the roller lash mascara is also one of my favs and I hear baby skin is very similar to porefessional, only much cheaper. NEED!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥ (Handbag 24 hours GIVEAWAY!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too, but its so much cheaper! I haven't tried porefessional but would be interesting to see how similar they are :) xx

      Delete
  5. I only use Real Techniques brushes at the moment because they are simply amazing! Also, I wanted to get my hands on Rimmel Wake Me Up products for ages, but for some reasons they are out of stock in my country, so that's a a bummer :(
    My everyday product that I use is Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. I really can't be bothered to put any other makeup product on my face in the mornings, I am way to tired and have no time or energy to do it, so I am sporting my bare face everyday :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! Oh that's a shame :( I really need to try that mascara, I've been recommended it so many times! Will probably go for it when my roller lash runs out :) Can completely relate to that! For most of my early morning lectures I have no make up on and then will put on concealer, mascara and bronzer in the break :) xx

      Delete
  6. Roller Lash is such an amazing mascara I loooove it! Love the look of the other products too, great post xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. RT brushes are amazing! I use the Expert Face Brush to blend concealer underneath my eyes actually. I've found that it's the perfect shape and super quick to use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My new favourite beauty find is babyskin. I like all of the products you listed. Now I really want to try the benefit eye brow product. :)

    www.chicuturnonglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the eyebrow product, I just don't use it enough! xx

      Delete
  9. I love that topshop nail polish, its so pretty especially for this time of year !!

    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I'm really liking it at the moment :) xx

      Delete
  10. I hope to receive some RT brushes this Christmas, so I can finally test them. So far my Zoeva brushes are great, but a girl can never have enough brushes, am I right?

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! Completely agree :) xx

      Delete
  11. Ooo I love this post! I wore my Bourjois CC cream a lot during the summer, and I think it would be great to wear during the winter months too. I really must try out the solar powder - it seems to be raved about a lot! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love Solar Powder, you should definitely consider trying it! xx

      Delete
  12. I always use the baby skin primer! I've never actually tried any others! This is a great post btw!

    Oh and I nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    Emma x | emmaraeburnx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good primer! Aww thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  13. I think I might need to give that Topshop Chameleon Eyeshadow a try soon!
    Great post lovely!

    Holly
    www.thekittyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a lovely eyeshadow! Thank you! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig