One of my favourites things to do with a spare few hours is to read loads and loads of blog posts! But with so, so much choice out there how do we choose what to read first?! Here are 8 reasons I'm likely to visit and love your blog!
1. You have gorgeous clear photos. I'd say the majority of blogs I visit feature seriously amazing photography full of bright, colourful and vivid images. But some of them are just so, so impressive, looking at your flatlays Jasmine Talks Beauty!
2. You have a clear, easy to follow layout. I'll admit I'm a sucker for clear, bright and well organised blogs! I also love it when its ridiculously easy to find things like the search bar, about page and blog post archive.
3. You're on bloglovin or twitter. The first place I go when I want to read blogs is Bloglovin. It organises all the blogs I follow into a simple newsfeed and I can just scroll through and usually open about 20 different tabs of blog posts! I also use twitter to find lovely new blogs to explore.
4. You take the time to engage with other bloggers. Whether through replying to blog comments, taking part in twitter chats or commenting on instagram I love it when bloggers take the time to interact with readers, and honestly this is probably one of the most important factors in why I keep visiting your blog!
5. Your content has an intriguing title. This is one area where I think I seriously struggle, but whenever I'm scrolling through Bloglovin so many cool, creative and interesting titles jump out at me! I don't know how you guys manage to come up with them!
6. There's something different about your blog. We all love interesting content don't we, and I love the feeling of reading something a bit unexpected and different to all the other blog posts I've read that day. The kind of stuff that everyone wants to read about but I'm a bit too scared to post myself.
7. Your posts are really informative and helpful. From book reviews to make up recommendations to beauty and life advice, there's nothing better than reading a post and realising you've learnt something along the way.
8. Or I can relate to what you're writing. Despite what I said earlier about loving interesting and different content, I'm also highly likely to click on anything involving Lush, make up, life-stories or pretty stationary!
What do you look for in a blog? And I'd love to know what you think of this post!