Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Are These Bloggers' Favourites Worth the Hype?

We've all seen the many products adored by bloggers. This months "it" product, that has us all running to the shop to try it out, particularly for those of us with a slight tendency to majorly overshop! But are all of these products actually deserving of the hype they're given? And with so many recommended favourites how do we separate the amazing from over hyped? I've rounded up some of my recent blogger inspired purchases to let you know which ones I've loved and the few that I've hated! But please remember that this is just my personal opinion, and you're completely entitled to disagree with me!
Worth It!
Lush Intergalactic Bath Bomb (X)This one is pretty much universally loved in the blogging world and its honestly not hard to see why! With a refreshing and uplifting grapefruit and peppermint scent this bomb turns your bath into a bright blue glittery lagoon with bright swirling colours and plenty of glitter. 
Soap and Glory Solar Powder (X). Another steady favourite is this gorgeous bronzer from Soap and Glory. It gives such a nice natural glow and is never too obvious. It contains two shades so is so easy to adjust to the look you're going for, whether that's just a natural sweeping of bronze or some more adventurous contouring. I literally use this almost every day! 
Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara (X)Hands down the best mascara I've ever tried! This is the one product I'd hate to leave the house without applying. In addition to its stunning packaging, it uses tiny hooks to effortlessly grip, curl and lengthen lashes while also coating lashes really evenly.
Daisy Dream (X). On top of having an insanely beautiful bottle, this also has a completely gorgeous scent with a beautiful mix of jasmine, grapefruit, coconut water, white woods and blue wisteria. The result is a floral but fruity scent which instantly feels summery, light and subtle, and for me is the perfect mix.
Micellar Water (X). If you haven't of micellar water then I honestly don't know how you've managed to avoid all the fuss over it! This insanely affordable product (its only £1.99 a bottle) removes makeup so quickly and gently, and is a world better for your skin than face wipes.
On the Fence!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (X). When I first bought this concealer I was a massive fan, and wore it solidly for about 3 months! But on reflection I'm not sure how well this actually worked for me. It doesn't make a lot of difference in covering my under eye circles and has a tendency to look a bit cakey. To clarify, its definitely not a bad concealer, I'm just not convinced its the magical cure its sometimes claimed to be.
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (X). I can definitely see why this mascara has become a staple blogger favourite, its amazingly reasonably priced, easy to apply and so, so lengthening! It appears to do it all, but for me its just not quite as good as Roller Lash. I also find that it's lengthening effect tends to not be hugely long lasting, while the mascara that is left isn't the easiest to remove. Having said that, I do still happily use this mascara some of the time, so its clearly not all bad!
Not for me! 

The Experimenter Bath Bomb (X). Based on reviews I've read and the general appearance of this bath bomb I was expecting gorgeous swirling colours, but honestly I just found this one a bit disappointing. I'm not a huge fan of its scent and while there were some colours (mostly yellow and orange!) emerging it was just a bit boring considering its £3.95 price tag. It also left my water grey, which doesn't quite match up to the gorgeous blue lagoons left by products such as Intergalactic!
Benefit They're Real Push Up Gel Liner (X). This may not be a huge bloggers favourite, but evidently I am quite easily pleased and actually couldn't come across many products I really disliked! My main issue with this liner is that its seemingly impossible to actually use! You twist round the top and the gel liner comes out, but I literally, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get this to give a small amount and work well! I also found it clumpy and really difficult to draw a decent, straight line with. 

Have you tried any bloggers favourites that you've either loved or hated? Let me know in the comments! 
Georgia xxxx
SHARE:

45 comments

  1. I've never used that Benefit mascara! It sounds great if you say it's the best you've used. I agree with the Maybelline mascara, its affordable and does the job.

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend the Benefit one! Completely agree :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard similar things about the gel liner. It sounds like I need to try out the soap and glory bronzer though, good to know!

    elainea
    toast the girl almighty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Soap and Glory bronzer so much! xx

      Delete
  3. I totally agree about the benefit push up liner. I'm also a big fan of Intergalactic and Daisy Dream. Really enjoyed reading this post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an interesting blog post! I agree with you on most of the 'worth the hype' products, especially Intergalatic (it has become my favourite bath bomb!) and Roller Lash mascara, also the best I've ever tried. I'm not surprised to see the Experimenter in your list, I'd read many other bloggers say that the water turns a weird colour when it has melted. I won't be trying out this one, that's for sure!

    Julia xx
    Last post: A Beauty Haul | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2016/02/my-winter-makeup-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Intergalactic's amazing! xx

      Delete
  5. Roller lash is just AMAZING. I am obsessed !

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love the Solar Powder and the Micellar Water (I couldn't be without it) :) Love this post it is really informative :) xo

    http://doublejointedgirlandherdog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the gel liner but think I might actually prefer the Maybelline Black Shock one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to try that one! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  8. I love the Roller Lash mascara! It's also one of the best I have ever tried!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Solar Powder! I haven't tried Roller Lash or Wake me Up Concealer but have heard good things about them! I have a mini of the Benefit eyeliner so will give it a go but I can see how it would be hard to apply!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a good bronzer :) Good luck with it!! xx

      Delete
  10. Oh man, I absolutely loved this post! I always wonder if the popular products are actually worth it, so this was a really interesting read! :) xxx

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it :) xx

      Delete
  11. Love micellar water it's a life saver. Great post :)x

    http://my-world-heather.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I couldn't agree more with Daisy Dream and the Garnier Micellar Water. The perfume is so gorgeous and my face has never felt so clean after using the micellar water! Also agree that the gel push up liner is a bit of a strange one, when I tried to use it it just made such a mess! It took me ages to get a nice smooth straight line, so annoying! Great post lovely xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad its not just me that struggled with the eye liner! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  13. The Garnier Micellar Water finally made its way over to the States and I love it! Such a better value than the Simple Micellar Water (although I did like that one too). Maybelline is my favorite mascara brand, but the Lash Sensational got a little gloopy for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  14. I have so much love for this post! Thank you so much for your well thought out review, it's nice to know what's good and what's better to avoid! Fantastic post dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post so much
    aminaayub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm definitely the type to run out and buy whatever's raved about, so this was a great post to read! Personally I like to wear the Wake Me Up concealer over a more heavy-duty one, it doesn't cover well but it reflects light away from the under-eye area :) I'll have to try the soap and glory bronzer!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Thats a good tip, will have to try that! xx

      Delete
  17. It's so easy to get swept away by what's popular in the blogger community, but sometimes they are right! I love Benefit Roller Lash and it's become an everyday favourite :)

    The Modern Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Roller Lash is my favourite ever mascara too! But like you, I cannot for the life of me use the push up gel liner. I absolutely hated it and I was so excited to try it so I was very disappointed!

    Jessica | http://thebirdsandbutterflies.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so annoying! Thanks for reading lovely :) xx

      Delete
  19. There are so many products that I didn't enjoy even through a lot of bloggers were raving about them. However, I looooove Lash Sensational mascara, it's the best I had for now :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Its so good for its price :) xx

      Delete
  20. I love the Lush bath bomb , It's so lovely having so many beautiful colours in the bath to cheer you up at the end of the day :) I was obsessed over Micella water for ages and it is really good but I recently started using the Boots No.7 Beautiful Cleansing Water and it's honestly the best skincare product I've ever used and my skin is completely clear :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to try that cleaning water! Thanks for the recommendation :) xx

      Delete
  21. Such a great post! Daisy Dream is perfection! and I also love the micellar water. The lash sensational is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras but It gets all dry and sticky after a few weeks.

    SleepyHeaven♡
    Bloglovin'♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy Dream is the best! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  22. I love the intergalactic bath bomb! I went for it after seeing a load of positive reviews and it was the best LUSH bath. These types of posts are so helpful! Lydia Eve, www.mydaisychaincloset.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love love love the Soap and Glory bronzer xo
    student-stylexo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the rimmel concealer but I can see why you didn't! The coverage is quite light! I normally use a heavier concealer under my eyes and then use this over the top to brighten!

    beautifulearful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig