Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Ultimate Smoothie Bowl

For me, having a healthy lifestyle is all about balance. I'm never going to be happy if I only eat kale salad, but equally eating domino's and cream eggs all week isn't going to lead to a happy, healthy place either! There's nothing wrong with eating healthily most of the time and then having the occasional McDonalds and sprinkles! I think all students know that trying to cook healthy meals when you're not only stressed with work but also on a budget can be a challenge, so I thought I'd start sharing some of my favourite recipes, from colourful salads to yummy cream egg cupcakes! Kicking things off on the healthier side is this gorgeous and fun smoothie bowl!
Ingredients
For the smoothie
1 banana
Frozen Berries
Pomegranate seeds
A handful of blueberries
2-4 Strawberries
1 tsp pure maple syrup

For the topping
Half a kiwi
2 strawberries
A handful of blueberries
Frozen berries
Shredded coconut
Pomegranate seeds
Oats

What to do
Essentially just chuck all the smoothie ingredients in a blender and press blend! I've used my trusty Blend Active which not only makes the smoothie ready to go in a bottle (less washing up - win!) but only costs £29. Then just decorate with whatever toppings you like on top! If you're looking for some inspiration on making your smoothie bowl look gorgeous, then check out From My Bowl's amazing instagram!

Top Tips
My essential picks to go in this smoothie are the banana as its so cheap (11p) and gives a creamy texture to the smoothie and the frozen berries which again so cheap (around £2 for a big bag), super long lasting and give the smoothie its vivid rich purple colour. Whenever I'm on a bit of a budget and looking to save money I'll simply swap the fresh strawberries and blueberries for more frozen berries and leave out the slightly pricy shredded coconut! Although to be fair, the shredded coconut is a big bag which will probably last ages!

I'd love to know what you think of this recipe and whether you'd like to see some more recipes on Chasing Belle 23!
Georgia xxxx
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. That is one delicious looking smoothie bowl! Thank you for the recipe dear! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicious, i'm definitely going to try this:) thanks for sharing:)xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making smoothies with my Blend Active, so handy. I've never actually had a smoothie bowl but eager to try it, since it looks so delicious x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! You should give it a try some time :) xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't made a smoothie bowl for so long, I love when they're really thickly textured! I love the way the decorated it too with the topping, it looks so gourmet!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm this looks so beautiful and sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

    elainea
    toast the girl almighty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh em geeeee, this looks delicious! I need to try this soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so delicious!! Will need to try this next week when I get time :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing, going to try it tonight!

    Kirsty | www.kirsty.ws

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just thinking this morning to add something or change up my morning breakfast routine & I think I just found it. It looks & sounds delicious, can't wait to try it
    - With Love, Celeste Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh this looks so yummy and It's difficult to do things on a budget as a student but it really helps you stay happy and healthy which is definitely a good way to mantain your mental state ... with the additional cream egg cupcake that I'm looking forward to very much hehe :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never even heard of a smoothie bowl! Looks so good - will definitely try this! Xx

    http://www.itsjessiejane.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummmy! This is making me droool because it's so beautiful & looks incredible xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig