Sunday, 29 May 2016

Life Lately: Finishing University and Not Having a Plan

After an amazing 3 years I've finally finished university! And as it turns out, the 3rd year of university is pretty difficult! Between exams, revision and the dreaded dissertation, something just had to give. And that something had to be blogging, which is why I haven't posted in over a month. So I thought I'd a quick chatty catch up post about finishing university and what I'm going to do next!
God knows why this was such a shock to me, but writing a dissertation is seriously time consuming. You've probably all heard dissertation horror stories, and I won't lie it is a bit of a stressy, scary nightmare, but equally, its such a proud moment when you finally hand it. And also when you realise you likely will never have to think or write about it ever again! Don't get me wrong, I loved the topic I chose, but 8000 words later and I will quite happily never discuss narcissism and empathy ever again. My final exams were probably equally stressful and time consuming, but thank god for chocolate, coffee and course friends for getting me through. Although some of my exams definitely could have gone better, its such an amazing, freeing feeling to realise that these are likely the last exams I'll ever sit!
So what now?! I've (fingers crossed) finished my degree, had an incredible 3 years and for possibly the first time in my life I don't really have a plan. The thing about studying a psychology is that there are so, so many different ways you can go after your degree. And its both a blessing and a curse. Yes, you can have so many different directions to choose from and that's great, but its also kind of terrifying! Because for me, this means that I literally have no idea what I'm going to do now. I mean I struggle to decide what cocktail I want, let alone make career choices! But maybe that's okay. I've got a part time job, hopefully either a 2:1 or a first, and a lot of volunteering and other experience. Maybe I'll manage to get an internship or job I really want. Or maybe I'll work for a while, save up and go travelling. Either way, I think as long as I try hopefully things will somehow turn out okay! 
Are any of you lovelies in a similar position? Or, if you graduated a while ago I'd love to hear about how you found graduating!
Georgia xxxx
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Congratulations on finishing your degree and completing your dissertation! I remember how soul destroying the whole process can be.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing you're degree!! You must be so happy! Next year is my last year of uni and I have no idea what I want do with my life, after so I feel you! Hopefully, everything turns out okay! :) x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your degree! I bet it feels amazing after all the work you have put in :) I am going to head to university this September and I'm not ready for all the work I'll have to do and the stress I'll have to face. But we shall pass it! x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing! Must be an amazing feeling - let the world take you where ever and I am sure everything will be ok!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing and your dissertation! Trust me, I know the struggle. I just finished last week my entire four years at uni (I took a placement year) and it's a total surreal feeling. Makes me a little sad! Seriously don't worry about not having a plan, there is still time! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, there's so much you can do with a psychology degree! I just finished my first year of university and I'm a psych major as well :) Best of luck with everything! x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing third year and your degree! <3 I completely understand and agree with everything you said! I didn't have to write a dissertation for my degree (THANK GOODNESS) but final exams were torturous and I am so glad they are over for good :D I have an idea of where I want to go from this point in my life but nothing is certain yet for sure, and I really love your relaxed approach to graduating and letting things happen when they should <3 I am sure everything will turn out just fine for you :) xx

    Jacqueline | Sail Away to Neverland ♡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing uni! I was in a similar position as I have just over three weeks left at sixth form and had no plan, so decided to apply for social media management apprenticeships, so fingers crossed! There are always opportunities for internships for graduates! Good luck with everything x

    www.bisoushollyolivia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Writing dissertation is the most annoying bit, I guess mine was around 23-24k and managed to get distinction so I am not gonna complain about it :) Just take some days off and think what exactly you want to do, even if you can only come up with short term plan, it is way better than not having any. Good luck with life and I hope you figure out what exactly you want :) x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Lovely and very interesting post ! Everything will def turn out great:)) X
    Check my recent?
    mayasienna13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations for finishing! The whole thought of doing uni full time scares me, I would feel lost trying to tackle to world haha. Hope you get where you want to be :) xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on finishing! I was also going to study psychology in uni but decided to take a gap year after college and never went back. Hopefully you can settle on the career you want to follow :)

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congtratulations honey ! I want to study psychology at uni when I've finished college ! It shows good friends and chocolate can get you thorugh anything hehe :) I know you'll get the grade you want !

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also study psychology, so jealous you're done now! Congratulations!

    Great blog btw!

    CATRIONA x
    www.catsandcontour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Have an amazing day! Georgia xx

© Chasing Belle 23. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig